Rowan House relies on your support as we work to fundraise $800,000 of our over $2.17 million dollar budget.
Because of you we can continue to support women and children fleeing family violence, as well as provide education and awareness to one day break the cycle.
The daily needs of families in shelter can change on a regular basis depending on time of year, family sizes and the ages and genders of children. Cash allows us to access what our residents need the most and ensure all of our programming not funded by the government can continue to operate.
Rowan House has three top priorities for the use of fundraised dollars including:
- Branches Preventative Education
- Transitional Housing
- Emergency Shelter Basic Client Related Operations
Charitable Tax Receipts available for donations over $20. Charitable Registration #: 899496707 RR0001
Donate by Mail
If you do not wish to donate online, you can mail cash or cheque to Box 5121, High River, AB T1V 1M3
When families are fleeing abuse, it is often in secrecy and in a rush. When women and children arrive at Rowan House, they often have little more than the clothes on their backs. We provide them with food, toiletries, clothing staples and other items.
Essential Needs List
Please keep in mind, due to health and safety concerns; we cannot accept used clothing and toys. We also do not have the space to accept new or used furniture or small appliances. Rowan House partners with a number of organizations who will accept these types of donations on our behalf; in turn, supporting our residents with vouchers to get the items they truly need.
· Missions Thrift Store, Okotoks
· Selective Seconds, High River
· Salvation Army Thrift Store, High River
· Foothills Salvage and Recycling Centre, MD of Foothills
· Women In Need Society (WINS), Calgary - Rowan House is pleased to be a Referring Partner Agency with WINS' Free Goods Referral Program. Learn more about the types of items they can/cannot accept on our behalf. They even do free pickup for furniture and multi-bag/box donations.
We thank you for your understanding.
Fundraise on our behalf
Rowan House is pleased to partner with individuals and organizations interested in doing a Third-Party Fundraiser or collecting donations on our behalf. Please call our Donor Enagement Advisor at 403-603-5985