Volunteer & Events Coordinator
part Time Position, includes nights and weekends
Rowan House Society is a charitable organization with a mission to provide crisis intervention, long-term support and education for those affected by family violence in rural communities. The Society also holds the core values of safety, trustworthiness, choice, collaboration and empowerment.
The goal of this position is to ensure members of the community have an opportunity for a meaningful role by contributing time, energy and support to the organization and clients of Rowan House.
• Recruit, screen, orient and train volunteers to appropriately interface with the community about and on behalf of the organization when fulfilling their volunteer duties
• Plan and implement formal and informal volunteer recognition activities to recognize the contribution of volunteers to the organization
• Act as an ambassador for Rowan House and foster positive, long-term relationships with event organizers
• Attend event as lead contact or set a delegate to take on this role
• Collaborate with community agencies and resources in order to advocate for services for victims of domestic violence
• Prepare an annual report on the contribution of the volunteer program to the organization
• Perform other duties as required
Post-secondary degree or a diploma in a related field (e.g. Volunteer Management, Event Planning, Marketing, Public or Community Relations) and at least two years volunteer management experience is required.
Knowledge of the dynamics of domestic violence and local community resources is preferred
Submit resume to Michelle Thomson via email: email@example.com
Closing: 4pm, August 8th, 2017.