Sorry, there are no positions open at this time. If you'd still like to get involved, read below to learn how to become a volunteer, or check back soon for new career opportunities.
Thank you for your interest!
Become a Volunteer
Rowan House is always looking for people able and willing to donate their time to the shelter.
Potential volunteers will be required to meet with our Volunteer Coordinator and then complete an application form that includes a criminal record check and child intervention check. Successful applicants will then receive Domestic Violence 101 training and general training about Rowan House.
Some of the typical positions we're looking for support with include:
- Donations: Collect, sort and organize all donations that the shelter receives. Ensure that all needed items are kept in clean and orderly manner
- Drivers: Transporting residents in a company vehicle to local resources and appointments.
- Childcare: Days and evenings in the child support centre, tutoring, self-care activities
- Self-care activities: Hair/spa days, yoga, arts & crafts, meditation, fitness, etc.
- Musicians: In-shelter performances to uplift residents.
- Basic life skills: Cooking, baking, budgeting, computer training, etc.
- Community events: Be an ambassador for Rowan House by manning our information booth at different events throughout the Foothills.
- Hope & Healing Gala: sit on one of our sub-committees and help plan our signature fundraising event, set for April 14th, 2018 at Lynnwood Ranch.
If you’re interested in getting involved please email us. We look forward to hearing from you!